Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rescued Love


Ever since I was a little girl, I loved to help, especially those who are helpless. When it came to writing a novel, I couldn't pass up the idea of writing about animal rescue. I've never worked in an animal hospital or shelter, but I have some experience rescuing strays. Here is one story of how my family saved a dog.

 When I was a kid, my grandmother worked in home nursing. She would go to people's homes, help them get better, and sometimes even befriend their family. She had one particular family that she loved. They were an elder couple. Both had been doctors when they were younger, but now illness and old age had gotten the better of them. At first, only the husband was my grandma's patient. She would check his blood pressure and temperature, and then chat with his wife for hours before moving on to her next family. This family had a little white poodle that was like a child to them. 

As the years went on, the husband grew sicker, and the wife eventually took ill. Once the husband died, the couple's youngest daughter took the mother to live with her. My grandma would still do her home visits with the wife, but she noticed that the beloved family dog didn't seem so beloved anymore. She asked the daughter, who confessed to only keeping the dog for her mother's sake, and when the old woman died a few months later, the daughter told my grandma that now she intended to take the dog to a forest and let him get eaten by wolves. 

The dog was already old and halfway blind, and it broke my grandma's heart to learn of this animal's fate. He wouldn't survive in the woods. All it took was one phone call and my mom agreed to take the dog. My family rescued that poor poodle, giving him a warm bed to sleep in, and a few good years of his life before he had to be put down from old age. 

You see, animals are important to me, so if you are as much of an animal lover as I am, you will enjoy my new book, Rescued Love.

Here is the blurb: 

Can the doctor, who made a life out of helping animals, heal a human?

One by one, household dogs disappear only to come back after senseless abuse. Veterinarian Jordan Powell will stop at nothing to ensure her patients' safety. Even if that means seeking help from ex-boyfriend, police officer Nate Thrillson, the man whose heart she once broke.

The last thing Nate wants is a relationship. He has an inoperable cancerous tumor in his brain and his days are numbered. Yet, he couldn't resist Jordan.

It's a race against time to save the dogs and the man who captured her heart. Can the doctor, who made a life out of helping animals, heal a human?


Learn more about Angelina Rain: www.angelina-rain.com

4 comments:

Lynn Chantale said...

Oh Angelina, it's great to have you here with us today. Chef and Tyrell are here for your pleasure so feel free to enjoy the buffet and open bar. If you don't see something, just holler.

Very touching story and the book sounds like I may need a tissue or two. Congratulations on the release and many, many sales.

Unknown said...

Lovely post. Congrats on the release. Hope you continue writing!

Angelina Rain said...

W Lynn, thanks for hosting me on your blog.



Thanks, Kooks. :-)

D. F. Krieger said...

Angelina- I've worked animal rescue for over ten years at various shelters and rescue facilities. This book was a pleasure to read and I was so glad you wrote it. :)