Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Meet Marlene Sanchez



1-Tell the readers a little about yourself.
I was born in New York, raised in Miami, and am now living in Alabama. I am a mother of four (two sons and two step-daughters), and love every minute of it. I even have a full time job I really like, but my true passion has always been writing. I’ve wanted to be a writer since I was 15 and am still shocked I’m actually doing it.
2-As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
Honestly, I should read a lot more than I do. I have been making an effort to do so, especially so I can see what’s out there in my genre. I have; however, audio read the Harry Potter books so book 5 so far. I do enjoy reading Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series. Of course, I am only up to book 10 or 11 and she has more than 15 now. Right now I am reading “Private” by James Patterson and have “Tough Customer” by Sandra Brown to read next.
3-How do you stay motivated when the Muse is uncooperative?
It’s not always easy to stay motivated, especially when the real world gets in the way and kicks you in the face. What I usually do is go back and read through and edit what I’ve written That helps give my muse the motivation he needs to get back in gear.
4-If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
I would go to Venice, Italy and take a long, quiet gondola ride through the streets, sipping wine as we floated by.
5-What is the hardest thing for you to write?
The hardest thing for me to write are my “sprinkles of romance” because I’m never sure where too draw the line, if you catch my drift.
6-If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be?
I would be Martina Rosequete from Accidents Happen and the developing Martina Rosequete Investigations series. She is a strong, independent Cuban-American woman that doesn’t take any bull from anyone. She loves her family and friends, and knows how to enjoy life to the fullest. She is also quite smart and damn good at her job.
7-The tag line on my blog is ‘Indulge Your Inner Romantic.’ What do you do to indulge? 
Don’t have the time or energy to indulge these days LOL. If could, I would soak in a hot bubble bath with a good book and a smooth glass of red wine.


The Pascual crime family is getting bigger and stronger and taking over more and more of Miami every day. The FBI has been trying to take them down for years, but they can’t seem to make anything stick. Enter former Marine sniper, Agent Michael Walker. 
Until age 17 Michael was best friends with Manny Pascual, the heir and current head of the Pascual family. Now the FBI wants him to infiltrate the family he was once a part of in order to collect enough evidence to bring them down for good.
Although it has been more than ten years since Michael has been back to Miami, Manny is more than happy to have his best friend back where he belongs. Not everyone is as happy to see Michael, but one person is secretly thrilled to see him. Bianca Martinez, the family lawyer, can’t keep him out of her head
The FBI is closing in, but Michael is becoming more conflicted between his job, his friendship with Manny and the life he missed in Miami. The hot relationship sparking with Bianca complicates things further when he learns Manny wants to claim her as his own.
Will the years of friendship between these three endure as they find themselves between the tightening vice of rivaling families and the hard fist of the law? Or will they all drown in their Waves of Deceit?
Born in Manhattan, Raised in Miami, Living in Alabama.
Marlene Sanchez is a Daughter, a Sister, a Niece, a Cousin, a Friend, a Wife, a Mother, a Step-Mother, and an Aunt… She thrives off her Family and Friends, and tries to live her life to the fullest… Her children are her life, but her passion is writing.
Her novels reflect her Hometown of Miami, her Cuban upbringing and her love for gangster movies (legal and police dramas too).

2 comments:

Lynn Chantale said...

Hi Marlene, great to have you at Decadent Decisions today. Help yourself to the buffet and the open bar.

I love the premise of this story and have placed it on my wishlist.

Marlene Sanchez said...

YAY! So glad you like the premise so far. I am working on the sequel so be sure to get your hands on Waves of Deceit so you can read Waves of Vengeance when it's finished. WoD was such fun to write and the characters (in my opinion) are awesome!

I hope your readers enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!!