Friday, August 26, 2011

Welcome Jill James


Tell the readers a little about yourself.
I'm a published author of contemporary romance as Jill James at The Wild Rose Press. I'm married for 23 years to Mr. Cop and have a beautiful daughter, handsome soldier son, and gorgeous grandson. I've been seriously writing since 2004 and got published this year. I live in beautiful California.
As an author, do you take time to read? If so, what do you like to read and who is/are your favorite author/s?
I read between 4 and 5 books a week. I learned speed reading in the sixth grade and I devour books. My faves alternate between the Queens of romance; Joanna Lynsey, Jennifer Blake, Virginia Henley, and Jude Deveraux and my friends; Allison Brennan, Karin Tabke, Virna Depaul, and TWRP authors. Right now I'm on a zombie kick; I know zombies and romance? So I'm checking out some known names and a lot of indie authors.
If you could go anywhere in the world on a romantic getaway, what would you do and where would you go?
I love the ocean, the waves crashing, the salt air, the ocean breezes. I would love a deserted island, my honey, and a million books.
If you could live the life of one of your characters who would you be?
I would love to be the long-legged heroine Yvette of Tempting Adam. I'm 5'2" on a good day so my heroines are always very tall. LOL She wears designer suits and flashy clothes.
The tag line on my blog is 'Indulge Your Inner Romantic.' What do you do to indulge?
To be romantic we will get dressed to the nines; me in a dress and pantyhose, him in dress slacks, dress shirt and go to an outrageously expensive dinner and a show. Afterwards --- very romantic.

Lynn, thanks for this chance to be on your blog.  Jill

You can find Jill James @         

Tempting Adam Blurb

They both want the same thing – St. Eden Studios.
Corporate raider Yvette Giardino intends to bring St. Eden Studios to its knees. It’s a job. One her grandmother’s health depends on. That Adam St. Eden will suffer isn’t personal. Until he awakens her sympathy and stirs her body in ways she can’t explain. 
Adam wants one thing and one thing only – to protect the dream his grandfather began. But when the board demands he work with stunning Yvette, a woman he’d mistakenly indulged with in a little after-hours play, his world turns upside down. Missed meetings, unhappy clients, and nights of intense pleasure – he can blame one person.  Yvette. 
With his corporation crumbling around him, can Adam rise above the fallout and see his sexy temptress for what she really is – a victim of manipulation and a woman who desperately needs his love? 


10 comments:

Isis Rushdan said...

Wonderful interview. I am officially in awe of you, 4-5 books a week! I wish.

Lynn Chantale said...

Oh my goodness I'm running a little behind. Thank you so much for being here today Jill. Help yourself to all the goodies on the buffet. Try those little shrimp thingies. They're to die for. And the open bar.

Speed reading was something I always wanted to do. I remember being able to read 10 books a week in high school, but I haven't done that since.

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

I used to read 2-3 books a week and then I started writing. Now, after being in fornt of the ocmputer all day, my eyes only handle a small amount of reading until they start drooping.

Zombies? Jill and zombies, I'd never put the two together. What do you find so appealing?

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

Lesson number one...always proofread comments prior to hitting submit button...especially if one's fingers are dyslexic. Sorry for the typos.

Calisa Rhose said...

You and me both Jill! I'm at 5', but I often have height challenged heroines simply because I'm a firm believer that TNT does come in small packages!

*waves at Lynn as I grab a 'shrimp thingy'*

Lynn Chantale said...

*waves* Hi Lisa. Don't forget the chocolate covered strawberries.

No worries Vonnie. It read just fine for me. :-)

Jill James said...

Isis, thanks. Reading runs a very close second to my love of writing. I started reading at 2 1/2 years old and I haven't stopped.

Jill James said...

Lynn, thank you so much for having me at your gorgeous blog. Enjoying the buffet very much. Yummm!

Jill James said...

Vonnie, I know, zombies? Right? I have always enjoyed apocalyptic fiction starting with Planet of the Apes and Omega Man as a kid. I think the struggle to survive when all seems lost is a deep physcological need inside. If we can survive zombies, limited resources, and constant danger, then anything going on today can't be too bad. There are some excellent books out right now, especially in YA. Sophie Littlefield and Amanda Hocking and Joss Ware come to mind.

Jill James said...

Calisa, Yeah, another shortie! I usually have really tall heroes and watching my 5'11" dad and 4'11" mom was just funny. So, tall heroines.